Run Gait Analysis
Our run gait analysis program provides comprehensive analysis of the runner and their gait performed by one of our expert physical therapists.
- Review of injury and training history
- Detailed physical examination of the athlete (posture, flexibility, strength, injury specific testing, functional and core testing)
- Video Analysis of running gait using state of the art Dartfish technology
- Review of run gait findings
- Instruction in a specifically designed program to address inefficiency in running form, potential or current injury and to address footwear and orthotics.
Time Committment: 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours.
What to bring: shorts, t-shirt, running shoes and orthotics.
Some of the questions that can be answered through run gait analysis are:
- What is causing my pain with running?
- Do I have a leg length discrepancy?
- Do I have weak links in my body that affect running gait or my run volume?
- Why do my calves cramp with running?
- Am I running in the correct shoe?
- Should I use orthotics or are my orthotics correct?
- Should I try barefoot running?
- Do I heel strike or forefoot strike?
- Can I and should I change my run technique?
- What specific stretches or exercises can I do to stay injury-free?